Do not attempt to charge the battery if it is dead.
Keep the battery away from water, especially salt water. It may cause fire.
If your jacket has stains, try to remove them before putting them in the washer.
Heating jacket: Various measures are taken to avoid cold. People insist on buying heaters, geysers, warm clothes, but do you know that there is a jacket in the market which has a heater attached to it. Yes, there is also a jacket that is fitted with a heater. It comes with USB enabled heating technology. It comes with a heating pad, which helps keep you warm even when you’re outdoors.
There are various companies of heating jackets available online. Talking about the price, it comes between Rs 800-8,000. Users get a rechargeable power bank battery in the jacket. To turn on the heating pad attached to the jacket, a button is available on it, which can be turned on or off as needed.
The question arises, how to wash the jacket that has the battery and heating pad?Since the jackets are equipped with batteries, it is very important to keep a few things in mind for safety.
1) Keep the battery away from water, especially salt water. It may cause fire.
2) Do not attempt to charge the battery if it is dead. Doing so may cause fire and damage.
3) Make sure you remove the battery packs from your heated down jacket before washing or drying the jacket. To wash and dry your jacket, you can use your normal washing machine and dryer to get the job done.
4) Wash your jacket separately from other clothes. Turn your jacket inside out and tighten the zippers so they don’t catch on any part of your washing machine.
5) If your jacket has stains, try to remove them before putting it in the washer. You can do this by pouring a drop of dish soap directly onto the stain and rubbing it into the fabric with your finger. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then gently rub the stain with a dry cloth.
First Published: January 21, 2023, 15:54 IST