Mobile phone screen: There are different types of smartphones these days but also different types of displays. There are many types of phones available in the market and different phones have different displays. Each display has its own characteristics. There is so much variety on display that there is confusion over selection. The biggest problem becomes how do we figure out which display is best for our phone? Let’s know more about it in this news.
The display is mainly divided into three parts.
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- the retina
What is LCD display?
The full name of LCD is Liquid Crystal Display. In this display, the background of the pixels is provided with a light, called backlight. This light gives the pixel light. There are also three types of LCDs, including TFT LCD panels, IPS LCD panels, and SLCD panels. There are differences in their quality.
- TFT is considered to be the cheapest display. In this display, each pixel is connected to a capacitor and transistor. With this display, we get an image with a high contrast ratio.
- IPS is a good display. This display is able to provide better viewing angles, better color reproduction and direct sunlight visibility.
- The SLCD panel is also a type of IPS LCD, but this display has a bit of a gap between the outer glass and the touch sensor.
What is LED display?
CCFL is used in LCD displays. In LED display, LCD bulb is used as back light. It has 2 types, including AMOLED and OLED.
- The full name of AMOLED is Active-Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. This technology of AMOLED is the gift of Samsung. The pixel itself acts as an LED bulb in this display, which eliminates the need for backlighting. In this technique, when the video color fades to black, the pixels in that area do not project light, causing the black color to appear.
- OLED display technology is a gift from LG. This display is also AMOLED-like. In WLD, a series of thin films are provided between two conductors, so that whenever the current passes, light begins to be emitted.
What is retina display?
Retina Display is a gift from Apple Company. Apple improved the IPS LCD display and converted it to Retina display. In Retina display, we can see higher PPI (pixels per inch) than IPS LCD display. Please say that it comes to Apple mobile phones.
Which display is better?
According to experts, AMOLED and OLED are the best displays. AMOLED and OLED have better quality, better color reproduction, better visibility in sunlight, true blacks, limitless, expected aspect ratio, better viewing angles, better contrast and better battery backup.