Profile photos, chats, chat history, media, and WhatsApp settings can all be transferred from an Android device to an iPhone, although call history and display names cannot. Let us know about the whole process.
Transferring phone app data after buying a new smartphone can be quite a challenge. But there is no problem to move data between iPhone and Android phone. But data transfer becomes the biggest problem when switching from Android to iPhone. If you are switching from Android phone to iPhone then this study is for you. In this article, we will outline some simple methods to transfer WhatsApp data easily.
Profile photos, chats, chat history, media, and WhatsApp settings can all be transferred from an Android device to an iPhone, although call history and display names cannot. Let us know about the whole process. To transfer WhatsApp data from Android phone to iOS device, you need to download Move to iOS app. Although a Wi-Fi network is essential, you won’t need a cable for this data transfer as you can do it wirelessly. Then open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and compare the code displayed there with the code displayed on the new iPhone.
Now click on Next button. After that select WhatsApp data option. Go back to Move on iOS and select Transfer. Your WhatsApp data transfer starts. You will receive a confirmation notification once the data has been transferred. Your Android device must have Android 5 or later to transfer data. If you buy a new iPhone and don’t already have one, you’ll need to create an Apple ID Transferring data between Android and iOS devices will require the same mobile number used for Android
The same network should be accessible on both devices. Only your WhatsApp app data will be sent to this conversation; If the backup is in Google Drive, it cannot be transferred. iOS device needs to be brand new or factory reset to transfer data. If you keep these requirements in mind, you will be able to transfer WhatsApp data from Android device to iOS device. However, if a requirement is not met, data transfer problems may arise.
WhatsApp chat transfer
If you are currently using Android but switching to iPhone, then you must be concerned about your WhatsApp chats. The main concern of Android users converting to iOS is often their WhatsApp data. Let us tell you that Apple’s Move to iOS app, which is available on the Google Play Store, makes this task easy. Android users must be running at least version 5.0 of the operating system. Apple iOS users must have iOS 15.5 or later.
When a user selects the WhatsApp data option in the app, the data is packaged in an iOS-compatible format. Apple and WhatsApp cannot access this information. It has encryption. This information includes WhatsApp photos, videos and other files.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS?
– On your Android phone, download the Move to iOS app.
– On your new smartphone, dial the same phone number as the previous phone.
– Please let us know if your iPhone is brand new out of the box or needs a factory reset
The next step, according to WhatsApp, is to connect both phones to a power source and the same Wi-Fi network. You can link an Android device to iPhone’s hotspot.
– The next step is to launch the “Move to iOS” app on Android and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Then, on the data transfer screen, select WhatsApp.
– On your Android device, tap Start, and then wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. Once the data is ready, you will be signed out of your Android phone.
– Tap Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
– Then tap Continue to transfer data from your Android phone to your iPhone.
– Now install the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
– Open the app after installation, then log in using the same phone number.
– Tap Start when prompted, then wait for the process to finish.
– After the process is finished you will see that your chats are present on your new phone.
Please note that if the user does not create an iCloud backup, the transferred data does not appear in the cloud storage. It must be noted that your data will remain on your Android phone until you delete WhatsApp or factory reset your phone.
– Animesh Sharma