Driving License Renewal Process: A driving license certifies you to drive on the road without facing legal consequences. Along with this, it is an important document for your car insurance claim. Considering its importance, it is essential to renew your driving license when it expires. So, if you live in UP and we are going to tell you the easy way to renew your driving license. Let’s know about it in detail.
How to renew driving license online or offline in UP
To renew DL in UP, follow the steps given below-
How to renew driving license online
- Step 1: Go to the official portal of the transport service. Select “Online Services” and select “Driver License Related Services” option.
- Step 2: Select the state “Uttar Pradesh” from the drop-down list. Clicking on it opens a page which redirects to the official portal of Paribahan Sarthi.
- Step 3: Here you select the “Driving License” option and select the “DL Service” option. After that an instruction page will open, after viewing it click on ‘Continue’.
- Step 4: Enter required information like driving license number, date of birth, driving license holder column. Further, select the State and RTO option.
- Step 5: After seeing Deletion, confirm it and select Driving License Renewal as your required service. Once the acknowledgment slip is generated, take a print out of it. This way you can renew your license online.
Follow the below steps to apply offline for driving license renewal in UP
- First visit your nearest RTO.
- Fill Form 2 You can also download it from the official portal of UP RTO.
- Attach relevant documents and submit with prescribed fee.
- After verification, your driving license will be renewed. A deadline will be set for this. Accordingly, your driving license will be renewed.
These are important documents for driving license renewal in UP
- Form No. 2
- Applicants having non-transport vehicles are required to submit Physical Fitness Certificate through Form No.1
- Original driving license which is about to expire
- Two recent passport size photographs of you
- Self-attachment documents like Aadhaar card. This will serve as proof of age and address of the applicant
- Submit the fee