Trust: Now India has its own operating system. IIT Madras recently launched a new native operating system called BharOS. According to the institute, BharOS is designed to be a secure and private mobile operating system. It is an AOSP-based Indian operating system. It is said that BharOS could come in handy for the 100 crore mobile phone users in India, who are using smartphones with Android and iOS operating systems from foreign companies. After hearing about this operating system, the first question that comes to everyone’s mind is whether BharOS can be an alternative to Google’s Android or iOS? Not only that, many more questions related to this come to mind. Here we are going to answer all such questions.
Q: What is BharOS?
the answer : BharOS is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) operating system. It was developed by IIT Madras. It is designed as a safe and robust operating system. It is developed by JandK Operations Pvt Ltd (JandKops), a non-profit organization established at IIT Madras.
Q: Where can BharOS be installed?
the answer : This operating software can be installed on commercial off-the-shelf handsets BharOS developers claim that the new native OS is designed to give users a more secure experience.
Q: Who can use BharOS?
the answer : BharOS is currently only for organizations with strict privacy and security requirements. BharOS has not yet been officially released to the public.
Q: When will BharOS be released?
the answer: So far the developers of BharOS have not given any information about its release date or supported smartphones.
Q: What are some special features of BharOS?
the answer BharOS is a mobile operating system that aims to give users more control over the security and privacy of their devices. The developers of BharOS have mentioned some of its features, which we are talking about here..
- BharOS has no bloatware or default apps installed, giving users more storage space.
- BharOS doesn’t force users to use any apps they can’t trust.
- BharOS offers “native over the air” (NOTA) updates like Android, which means software updates will be automatically downloaded and installed on the device.
- BharOS will provide Private App Store Service (PASS) facility to download trusted apps. The developers claim that PASS only shows a list of fully tested apps.
Q: What is the difference between BharatOS and Android?
the answer BharOS is technically similar to Android as it is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The main difference between BharOS and Google’s Android is that BharOS does not come with pre-installed apps.
Question: Is BharOS better than Android?
the answer Before comparing the two, let us see some major differences between BharOS and Android.
- It is still not clear how one can replace the pre-installed OS with BharOS.
- There is no information available on how to install BharOS or which devices will support it.
- Additionally, it is not known how long BharOS will continue to receive security and software updates.
- Also, the developers of BharOS have not given any information about when the OS will be available for download.
- Among so many questions, it is not possible to answer whether this operating system is better than Android or not.